Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Book Review: Pushing the Limits

"No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again."


Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When I first started reading “Pushing the Limits” I wasn't sure I liked it, or that I would grow to like it even... but for some reason I couldn't put it down either. That probably has to do with my impatient personality (never did I meet a spoiler I didn't like) as well as the fact that I began to fall in love with Noah, Echo, and Isaiah.

At first I thought it was the authors "tone" of writing I wasn't connecting to, but then the more I read I switched to how the characters sometimes spoke; now that I've finished the book I’ve decided that it was simply because I'm not in high school anymore and it can be difficult to place myself back into that mind set, if I was ever there to begin with.

Even though I had some difficulty adjusting to how the characters sometimes spoke as well as thought; I actually loved their different journeys from the beginning of the novel. Usually I’m not a fan of amnesia type story lines, but with Echo it was more than that (I mean at least she still knew who she was for starters), and the struggle Noah went through with opening up and trusting that the word isn’t always out to crush you. Not to mention both of them having to come to terms with their home lives and that their both worth loving.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment