Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Goodreads.com and Fallen

I found a really awesome website for avid readers.I encourage you to check it out, basically it's Facebook for readers. Not only are you able to review books there but it'll recommend one to you as well. I'm sure it does a ton more but as I only am just getting to it I'm not up to speed on all it's in's and out's. I was recommend to the site by a booksandquills whom I follow on youtube. Below is a short book review as well as a link to the above sites.

Fallen (Fallen, #1)Fallen by Lauren Kate

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori. Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

Every time I look over at my bookshelf and see Fallen sitting there looking as innocent as can be, I think "Oh, wait I haven't read that one yet"... Then as I begin to pass the seventh page I'm reminded of the suffocatingly confusing pages ahead and I scream "Kate you've done it to me again!!!!!" I know your all asking yourselves why don't I just stop reading it or give it away; Why, that's a very good question... one I ask while repeatedly hitting myself in the head with the stupid thing as I finish begrudgingly for the millionth time. I can't get rid of the book because with my luck I'd be in the store, see it and buy it thinking I haven't read that before; same reason I pick it up off my bookshelf. Unfortunately, for my bank account I'm not one of those people who can just stop with the first novel in a series... even if I dislike the book I follow it through to the end. I did enjoy the beginning (first eight pages). They only reason I actually bought the thing really, it had so much promise but ended with a ton of disappointment.

I don't recommend buying this novel, however to each there own.



View all my reviews


http://www.youtube.com/user/booksandquills?feature=g-u
http://www.goodreads.com

No comments:

Post a Comment