Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Blast from the past...

No, this post isn't about the movie; though it is one Brendan Fraser can be proud to have his name attached too. I'm actually talking about grocery shopping to the soundtrack of S Club 7, a popular British pop band (1998-2003); consisting of members Tina Barrett, Paul Cattermole, Jon Lee, Bradley McIntosh, Jo O'Meara, Hannah Spearritt and Rachel Stevens.

The group rose to fame by starring in their own BBC television series, Miami 7, in 1999. Over the five years they were together, S Club 7 had four UK #1 singles, One UK #1 album, a string of hits throughout Europe, including a top-ten single in the United States, Asia, Latin America, and Africa. They recorded a total of four studio albums, released eleven singles and went on to sell over seventeen million albums worldwide.

Their tv show's, movies, and album's were also very popular in my household. My sister and I were practically obsessed with them as children (debating on which one we got to “be” and which one we the band could live without) quickly forgetting them as we got older and they stopped appearing on the American airwaves. Which leads me to the excitement of not only hearing their songs while in the middle of grocery shopping but also recognizing what I was listening too. Even though I don't listen to pop now in days I'm still going to make room for this band on my i pod if only for the cheesy nostalgia of rocking out to the past.


No comments:

Post a Comment