Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hearts of War

Let’s get this out of the way first; I’m proud to be an American and I’m proud of the men and women who fight for our country.

However, I am not proud of humanity in general… On Saturday, thirty-eight deaths were announced in the news, and while their families and friends mourned their deaths many more mocked the tragedy it was online through the comment sections of any and every article posted on the subject. I can’t say they mocked the news through voice, as I don’t personally know any of them, but the fact that they could bring themselves to mock death openly just irritated me, I’m ashamed of these people. Death on either side in any war is a pointless inevitability as well as tragedy and should never be something to rejoice and mock. The men that died in the helicopter crash should have our respect, because they were soldiers fighting for they’re country. It shouldn’t matter that they were Americans or Afghans, or whoever. Just that they were human beings who died for what they or their country believed in.

I’m positive we don’t always get every single detail when it comes to what our government agendas are and I believe we should have a voice (voting, etc.) on the polices and laws our government follow. I also believe this is true for other countries, even though they are run in a different way. And I know war with any type of group of people is going to happen just as it has always happened in the past. It’s a fact, an inevitable fact. Not every person thinks the same way, not even those who believe in the same policies or religion think the same way. War isn’t and will never be the solution to solving arguments among countries, religions, or people… but it seems to be the only way the children in charge can agree on to figure a solution.


RIP and God Bless


Helicopter Shot Down: 22 Navy SEALs Dead in Crash in Afghanistan - ABC News

Nation & World | 30 Americans, including 22 Navy SEALs, killed in Afghan copter crash | Seattle Times Newspaper

No comments:

Post a Comment